ABOUT THE ARTIST
I paint much like I cook. I have a recipe in mind, but throw in a few ingredients that sound good together. I don’t measure and I find my way as I go. Much like the way I’d like to live my life, now that I think about it.
- When I’m not painting or drawing, you’ll find me planning my next trip, writing in my journal, or cooking something with lots of fresh herbs and garlic.
- I am most comfortable in my old jeans and either my cowboy boots or my flip-flops, depending on the season.
- I have lived in four US time zones but I’d rather have my toes in the sand than anywhere else.
- I like hardback books, the smell of salt water, and red wine (well, any wine) in a big glass.
- I grew up in a small town in the Midwest where I read lots of library books, drew in my sketchbook, traveled with my family, and dreamed of being a National Geographic photojournalist.
- I dream of owning a motorcycle, watching the sunset every night from my dock, and meeting the Barefoot Contessa.
- With my art, I hope to connect with and inspire others, while adding a little happiness to the world.
Once I actually begin to paint (and it takes me FOREVER to get started – a habit I need to break) I just lose myself in the process.
Sometimes it’s challenging to make what is in my head actually appear on the canvas or paper, but often it flows. I’m not sure how the process works. I’ve studied with very talented artists, learned specific techniques, and have a degree in graphic design. But sometimes it just all works and I don’t know where it came from. I’m trying to be more thoughtful and deliberate when I paint.
I paint to capture an emotion, the 'feel' of a place, whether a marsh, a vineyard, or the ocean. The beauty of nature makes me feel peaceful and close to God. I enjoy being outdoors and travel has always been an important part of my life, so I attempt to reflect that on my canvas.
I like the imperfectness (is that a word?) of bold, expressionistic brushstrokes, layers, and line. I used to paint more realistically, because I thought I was supposed to. Then I realized that I’m not ‘supposed’ to do anything but be who I am.
Pam enjoys creating a sense of place and loves the bold use of color and brushstrokes to create her loose, painterly style. She also licenses her art on home decor products and has taught painting and drawing to children and adults.
Pam grew up in Missouri and Utah and has lived in various parts of the West and Southeast. She has a BS in Marketing from Utah State University, an MBA from the University of South Carolina and a AA in Graphic Design from The Art Institutes.
Her original artwork may be found at various locations in the Southeast. She lives in Charlotte, North Carolina with her husband and sons.
- Art House Charlotte Show. February 2020
- StudiosWorks Collective & Gallery Show. February 2020
- StudioWorks Collective & Gallery Opening Show, September 2019
- Art House Charlotte Spring Show May 2019
- BOCO Art Show, Greenville, SC. May 2019
- Bloomsday Art Pop Up Show. Friday Night Gallery Crawl. Charlotte, NC. December 2018
- Art House Charlotte Winter Shows. October 2018. December 2018.
- Indigo Market, Charleston, SC. Holiday Market. November 2018
- BOCO Art Show, Greenville, SC. Fall 2016, Spring 2017. Fall 2017. Spring 2018.
- Scout & Molly's SouthPark Solo Show. June 2018
- Beaux Arts Show, February 2017. September 2017. October 2017. November 2017. December 2017. February 2018. May 2018.
- Featured Artist, Pottery Barn SouthPark, Charlotte NC, December 2017.
- Traditions Show, November 2017.
- Featured Artist, Christenberry Collection, Columbia, SC, September 2016.
- The Art Manor, Charlotte, NC, September 2016.
- Featured Artist, Pottery Barn SouthPark, Charlotte NC, May 2016.
- Selected for Juried Show, Back to the Garden. Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC, April 2016
- Two-person show, McDowell Arts Center, New Work by Rick Crowley & Pamela Wingard, Matthews, NC, April 2016
- Solo Show: Featured Artist Showcase. Jeffre Scott Apothecary
- Selected for the Juried Art Spectacular Sale, Lake Norman Rotary Club & Lake Norman Art League, Rotary Club’s 10th Annual Wine Spectacular
- Selected as Art in Hand contributor, Ace of Spades - Charlotte Project
- Charlotte Artists Society, Founders' Hall Show
- WCA Women Center Art: Small Works Show
- River Hills Country Club: Visions of ART, Lake Wylie SC
- Featured in Art Takes Miami, See Me Group, Inc.
- Contributor, Charlotte Latin School 'Celebrate Latin' Auction
- Contributor, Autism Charlotte, Inspiration & Impact
- Art with Heart Contributor. 2010-2016
- Project Art Aid Contributor. Full proceeds benefit the Charlotte Chapter of the American Cancer Society and their "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" campaign.
- Senior Art Instructor - Two-Dimensional Art Program, Morrison YMCA
- Art Instructor - The Artistic Playground
- Studied with Andy Braitman at Braitman Studios. 2004-2010
- Attended workshops with Kelley Sanford, Mike Rooney, Jean Cauthen, Clark Hawgood, Bob Burridge, Lisa Boardwine, and Leslie Saeta.
ILLUSTRATION BIO: Pam hand draws her whimsical art and finishes either digitally or with gouache and markers. She has worked as a designer/illustrator since 2000 creating marketing collateral for small businesses and designing and manufacturing a line of stationery products. Prior to working in the design industry, she was a project manager and account executive for the General Electric Corporation and Ceridian Corporation.
She has an BS in Business Administration and Marketing from Utah State University and an MBA from University of South Carolina.
Clients include projects for Google Fiber, HP, YMCA of Greater Charlotte, Alliance Commercial, Provincetown Papers, Doodlebugs Infant Products. Exhibited CHA 2008, AmericasMart Licensing 2010, SURTEX 2012. Her licensed artwork may be found at Macys, Art.com, and Big Canvas.