ABOUT THE ARTIST
- When I’m not painting or drawing, you’ll find me planning my next trip, writing in my journal, walking on the beach, or cooking something with lots of fresh herbs and garlic.
- I am most comfortable in my old jeans and either my cowboy boots or my flip-flops, depending on the season.
- I have lived in four US time zones but I’d rather have my toes in the sand than anywhere else.
- I like hardback books, the smell of salt water, and red wine (well, any wine) in a big glass.
- I grew up in a small town in the Midwest where I read lots of library books, drew in my sketchbook, traveled with my family, and dreamed of being a National Geographic photojournalist.
- Some day I'd like to own a Vespa, watch the sunset every night from my dock, and meet the Barefoot Contessa.
- With my art, I hope to connect with and inspire others, while adding a little happiness to the world.
I remember sitting at my grandmother's kitchen table studying the hand-drawn fashion ads and the cartoons in the Sunday paper, spending hours sketching, and drawing. I grew up watching my mom paint ceramics, do macramé, crochet, and sew while my dad encouraged me to write and pursue my business degree. I have fond memories of traveling across the country with my family, spending summers outside and near the water, and reading lots and lots of library books.
Years later, I left my corporate job to stay home with my two boys and figure out what was next for me. I began drawing and painting again for the first time in years. I experimented with different materials and subjects until I found what I loved the most: places. I am inspired by those memories of childhood travel, time spent on the beach, and later vacations with my own family.
I paint expressively to capture an emotion, the 'feel' of a place, whether a marsh, a vineyard, or the ocean. The beauty of nature makes me feel peaceful and close to God. I enjoy being outdoors, and travel has always been essential to my life, so I reflect that on my canvas.
I like the imperfection of bold, expressionistic brushstrokes, layers, and line. I used to paint more realistically because I thought I was supposed to. Then I realized I'm not 'supposed' to do anything but be who I am.
I paint much as I cook, and I have a recipe in mind but throw in a few ingredients that sound good together. I don't measure, and I find my way as I go, like how I'd like to live my life, now that I think about it.
Pamela enjoys the bold use of color and painterly brush strokes to create her abstract landscapes. She paints in acrylics, layering mark-making within her work using oil sticks, pastels, charcoal, and graphite.
She grew up in a small towns in the Midwest and West, where she spent time near the water, read stacks of library books, drew in her sketchbook, and dreamed of being a traveling photojournalist. Pam earned an MBA from the University of South Carolina and a BS from Utah State University and later completed a degree in Graphic Design from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. She was a project manager and account executive before transitioning into illustration and graphic design. After studying with various professional career artists, she discovered her true passion is painting.
She is represented by various galleries and shops in the Southeast, sells her work online, and participates in group and solo shows. She also teaches painting workshops for adults and children. She works from her home studio and splits her time between Charleston, South Carolina, and Charlotte, North Carolina.
- A Vision for Art Show. April 2023. Jacksonville, FL.
- The Art Coaching Club Podcast Interview. December 2022.
- The Scouted Studio Emerging Artist Show. October 2022. Charleston, SC.
- The Gallery at Sweetgrass Guest Artist. October 2022. Charleston, SC.
- Christ Church Gallery Show. September 2022. Charlotte, NC.
- The Untamed Square Show 2021. Amelia Island, FL.
- The Peanut Gallerie. January 2021. Dothan, AL.
2020 Virtual Shows
- The Untamed Square Virtual Holiday Show 2020. Jacksonville, FL
- The Scouted Studio Emerging Artist Virtual Show 2020. Fall 2020. Charleston, SC
- Christenberry Collection Featured Collection. December 2020.
- Art House Charlotte Show. February 2020.
- StudiosWorks Collective & Gallery Show. February 2020. Charlotte.
- StudioWorks Collective & Gallery Opening Show. Charlotte, NC. September 2019
- Art House Charlotte Spring Show. May 2019
- BOCO Art Show, Greenville, SC. May 2019
- Bloomsday Art Pop Up Show. Friday Night Gallery Crawl. Charlotte, NC. December 2018
- Art House Charlotte Winter Shows. October 2018. December 2018.
- Indigo Market, Charleston, SC. Holiday Market. November 2018
- BOCO Art Show, Greenville, SC. Fall 2016, Spring 2017. Fall 2017. Spring 2018.
- Scout & Molly's SouthPark Solo Show. June 2018
- Beaux Arts Show, February 2017. September 2017. October 2017. November 2017. December 2017. February 2018. May 2018.
- Featured Artist, Pottery Barn SouthPark, Charlotte NC, December 2017.
- Traditions Show, November 2017.
- Featured Artist, Christenberry Collection, Columbia, SC, September 2016.
- The Art Manor, Charlotte, NC, September 2016.
- Featured Artist, Pottery Barn SouthPark, Charlotte NC, May 2016.
- Selected for Juried Show, Back to the Garden. Ciel Gallery, Charlotte, NC, April 2016
- Two-person show, McDowell Arts Center, New Work by Rick Crowley & Pamela Wingard, Matthews, NC, April 2016
2015 & prior
- Solo Show: Featured Artist Showcase. Jeffre Scott Apothecary
- Selected for the Juried Art Spectacular Sale, Lake Norman Rotary Club & Lake Norman Art League, Rotary Club’s 10th Annual Wine Spectacular
- Selected as Art in Hand contributor, Ace of Spades - Charlotte Project
- Charlotte Artists Society, Founders' Hall Show
- WCA Women Center Art: Small Works Show
- River Hills Country Club: Visions of ART, Lake Wylie SC
- Featured in Art Takes Miami, See Me Group, Inc.
- Contributor, Charlotte Latin School 'Celebrate Latin' Auction
- Contributor, Autism Charlotte, Inspiration & Impact
- Art with Heart Contributor. 2010-2016
- Project Art Aid Contributor. Full proceeds benefit the Charlotte Chapter of the American Cancer Society and "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" campaign.
- Senior Art Instructor - Two-Dimensional Art Program, Morrison YMCA
- Art Instructor - The Artistic Playground Summer Camps and After-School Programs
- Studied with Andy Braitman at Braitman Studios. 2004-2010
- Attended workshops with Beverly Todd, Kelley Sanford, Mike Rooney, Jean Cauthen, Clark Hawgood, Bob Burridge, Lisa Boardwine, and Leslie Saeta.